In this website, sexual orientation means:
whether you are attracted to, and / or like to have sex and / or a loving relationship with, a male or a female person.
This website is about three types of sexual orientation:
- heterosexuality (sexual attraction towards "the oppositie sex"),
- homosexuality (sexual attraction towards "one owns sex") and
- bisexuality (sexual attraction towards "both sexes").
The reason to use quotation marks is that nature is more complicated than most people have learnt:
that there is no clear distinction between "men" and "women" but
that many people are - either
somewhere in between the stereotypical man and the stereotypical woman.
- in their genetic constituency, or
- in their body cells, or
- in their hormone levels, or
- in their physical appearance, or
- in their self-perception, or
- in their social role, or
- in the way others perceive them -